Saturday, February 24, 2018, 10:30am-1:30pm, HCC Alief Hayes, 3rd Floor, Rm A319
Many individuals and small business owners are unaware of their tax responsibilities. This workshop clarifies common misconceptions on these topics:
- Overview- Business Tax Structure.
- Calculating Taxes – different types; and who should pay them.
- Consequences of failing to file and pay taxes.
- Federal Business Tax Forms and whether to do it yourself or hire a tax expert.
- State Business Income Tax (Franchise Tax) – how to calculate it and report it.
- Payroll Taxes including: Social Security, Medicare, Federal, State and Unemployment Taxes.
- Calculating Payroll Taxes- when to pay
- Contract Employees vs. Employees- Tax differences
- Sales Tax- a business owner’s responsibilities
Come listen, learn and talk with your tax accountant. Invest in peace of mind.