Friday, February 10, 2017, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm, HCC Spring Branch, Commons
Many individuals and small business owners are unaware of their tax responsibilities. This workshop clarifies common misconceptions on these topics:
- Overview– Business Tax Structure.
- Calculating Taxes – different types; and who should pay them.
- Consequences of failing to file and pay taxes.
- Federal Business Tax Forms and whether to do it yourself or hire a tax expert.
- State Business Income Tax (Franchise Tax) – how to calculate it and report it.
- Payroll Taxes including: Social Security, Medicare, Federal, State and Unemployment Taxes.
- Calculating Payroll Taxes– when to pay
- Contract Employees vs. Employees– Tax differences
- Sales Tax– a business owner’s responsibilities
Come listen, learn and talk with your tax accountant. Invest in peace of mind.