We exist to enhance the well-being & development of the families of Spring Branch through a multi-agency collaboration that provides educational, recreational, health & social services.
Spring Branch Family Development Center believes that we are better, together. In that spirit, celebrate a few of the incredible ways that our partners and community pulled together this year:
- SBFDC doubled our normal annual number of mobile pantry distributions, through our partnership with the Houston Food Bank, serving well over 20,000 individuals with 280,000+ pounds of food. New and returning volunteers made this possible. See more in this video.
- The Health Fair 2.0 immunized 450+ school-aged students. We quickly pivoted to a new, safe model with the partnership of Blue Cross Blue Shield Care Van, Spring Branch Community Health Center, Spring Branch Management District, Memorial-Spring Branch Rotary Club, and Spring Branch ISD. See more in this video.
- SBFDC expanded our pro bono legal clinic program, in partnership with Blank Rome LLP and Houston Volunteer Lawyers, shifting to an in-person and virtual hybrid model.
- We reopened our in-person enrollment opportunities, in May,for Children’s Medicaid, CHIP, CHIP Prenatal, Gold Card, Food Stamps, and other assistance programs through Family Houston, Community Health Choice, Lone Star Legal Aid, and Houston Food Bank.
- Spring Branch Community Health Center quickly expanded its virtual health services during the stay-at-home orders and afterward, serving 1,000+ clients each month.
- UT Health WIC never missed a day, shifting to drive-up and safe in-person practices, serving thousands of clients every month.
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Houston provided safe, enriching summer programming, particularly for children of essential workers. They continue to operate their after-school program for youth, ages 6-17.
- SBISD’s Panda Path PreK delivers excellent early childhood education for 152 three and four-year-olds.
- Several programs successfully shifted to virtual services, including Harris County Department of Education Adult ESL Classes, Therapy Connections PC speech therapy, Texas Children’s upWORDS, and Family U.
GIVE A FINANCIAL GIFT
Would you consider making a year-end gift to Spring Branch Family Development Center?
The funds will go towards increasing our classrooms’ digital and virtual capabilities, along with supporting our general operations.
Give a Gift, Today!
Spread good cheer by viewing 2020 SBFDC highlights at www.givebutter.com/sbfdc.
View the “Open for Service” program