As the end of the year approaches, consider supporting some of the Spring Branch District’s nonprofit organizations as part of your year-end giving.
Spring Branch Family Development Center
Serving thousands of Houstonians each year, the Spring Branch Family Development Center (SBFDC) exists to enhance the well-being and development of the families of Spring Branch through a multi-agency collaboration that provides educational, recreational, health and social services in English and Spanish.
In 2019, they made it “possible, practical” and “easy” for 13,000+ individuals to improve their lives in the following ways:
- 40 families in Texas Children’s Hospital upWORDS early literacy development program
- 205 Therapy Connections speech and language therapy appointments
- 207 three and four-year-olds attend SBISD’s Panda Path PreK
- 250 Family U early childhood development class hours
- 303 Family Houston case management appointments
- 450 Harris County Department of Education adult ESL students
- 750 Fall and Spring Outreach Fiesta attendees
- 950 Boys and Girls Club members receiving after-school and summer enrichment
- 1,010 applications for Children’s Medicaid / CHIP and Food Stamps through Community Health Choice, Texas Children’s Health Plan, and the Houston Food Bank
- 1,400 clients at Spring Branch Community Health Center, monthly
- 3,000 served by the Houston Food Bank Mobile Pantry
- 3,700 clients at UT Health WIC, monthly
- 4,000 Back-to-School Health Fair participants, with 1700 children receiving vaccination services
- 6,000 served with referrals and information from our front desk
You can easily give a tribute gift in the name of someone special this holiday season: https://sbfdc.org/donate/
Texas Wildlife Rehabilitation Coalition
Located in Spring Branch, TWRC cares for both native and non-native Texas wildlife found in and around the Houston area, with a specialty in small mammals, migratory songbirds, small raptors and reptiles. Their goal is to rehabilitate with the intent to release back into the wild.
TWRC’s 2020 “Wild InSight” limited-edition photo calendar is now available for purchase at the Center and online! These full-color, educational calendars will make terrific holiday gifts and all proceeds from purchases support TWRC Wildlife Center
Order here: https://www.twrcwildlifecenter.org/wildlife-calendar/
Make a year-end donation: https://www.twrcwildlifecenter.org/online-donations/
Newspring is a faith-based nonprofit dedicated to making positive social and economic impact in the Spring Branch area. Newspring Visual Arts programs support academic achievement and career opportunities for high school and college students from Spring Branch, and Newspring’s Business Plan Competition supports social entrepreneurship and economic development in the Spring Branch area.
Dedicate a donation to Newspring to someone special:
Memorial Assistance Ministries (MAM)
During the 1980s, a sudden local economic downturn resulted in the loss of more than 100,000 jobs in the Houston area. At that time, houses of worship were faced with unprecedented requests for food, rent, utility assistance and clothing. The congregations decided to pool their resources and create centralized service centers and, in 1983, Memorial Assistance Ministries opened its doors.
In addition to a resale shop open to the public located at 1625 Blalock Road, MAM offers a variety of services to area families in need.
To contact MAM, call 713-491-4330 or e-mail [email protected] or visit https://www.maministries.org/donate.
Spring Branch Education Foundation
The Spring Branch Education Foundation is committed to supporting students and educators. They partner with Spring Branch ISD and the community to fund programs that enhance education and prepare students for the future.
You can give a gift to SBEF in honor or in memory of someone and/or you can designate it for a specific purpose here: https://sbef.ejoinme.org/mosb.
A newcomer to Spring Branch, Summerhouse Houston recently opened their new campus providing personal growth opportunities that support real-world experiences for young adults with intellectual disabilities.
Learn more and donate: https://summerhousehouston.org/give/