By Rusty Graham, Special to The Examiner

The excavator has taken a bite out of the Spring Branch Education Center’s long horizontal wing, the one that fronts Westview and has been the façade for SBEC – and Spring Branch High School before it for more than 50 years.

Still standing when’s the claw’s work is done will be the auditorium and library from Spring Branch High School, part of the original façade that was removed from public view when the two-story classroom wing fronting it was opened in 1958.

Read more at The Examiner