October 25, 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm
HCC Alief Hayes 3rd Floor, A319
Are you considering freelancing in graphic design, web design, filmmaking, audio recording, animation, music business, or multi-media? Our presenters will cover some basics and weigh in with their experience on key issues. You will also learn more about HCC pathways to pursue additional expertise.
Featured Topics & Presenters
Part One Topics: From Freelancing to Starting Your Own Business
- Getting Set Up to Freelance – Open your dba; Open your bank account; Get your sales Tax ID; Generate a plan of attack – Freelancing Business Plan.
- Are You Cut Out to be a Freelancer? Hear about it from those who have done it: Time, Money, Support System and Commitment.
- Steps to Start and Run your Business – Hear from Media Arts and Technology Business Owners (Filmmaking and Graphic Design): Writing a Business Plan; Developing your Corporate Identity Package; Marketing Yourself…
Part Two Topics: Presentation Power – In the increasingly-digital marketplace, your ability to quickly connect, capture attention, and influence behavior has become one of the most important skill sets in business. Attention spans have decreased. Expectations have increased. Yet, clients must first buy into you before they buy into ideas. Get an overview on developing your personal skills in the following areas, presentations, leadership and business building, including: personal branding, customer service and sales and negotiation.
Part Three: Freelancing Opportunities – Multiple projects and opportunities will be presented for freelancing in graphic design, web design, filmmaking, audio recording, animation, music business and multi-media. Learn how you could be chosen to capitalize on opportunities arising this fall & Spring 2018.
Featured Presenters and Guest Speakers (click for bios)
- Dr. Jimmy Adams, Director of the Media Arts & Technology Center of Excellence for Houston Community College System. Dr. Adams has over 30 years of experience in higher education administration, business management, and visual communications and he has owned his own graphic design company.
- Erik Calderon, Owner FLMC Films, 2016 HCC Newspring Business Plan Competition Alumni, 2016 HCC Northwest College Student of the Year.
- Tiffany Williams, Owner, Twice Media Productions, LLC. 3rd Place Winner, 2016 HCC Newspring Business Plan Competition.
- Jonathan Sprinkles, Owner, Presentation Power. 15+ years of experience coaching and mentoring entrepreneurs, executives, healthcare professionals, and sales professionals. The author of 13 books, including two international bestsellers.
Register Now: $25.00 online, $35.00 door (Includes Refreshments & Snacks). FREE to HCC College Credit Students, Faculty, Staff, Alumni (code: HCCS) and Veterans (code: VETS).