Updates for March 16, 2020
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation rapidly evolves, MAM continues to practice measures designed to mitigate the spread of the virus, while offering essential services. We recognize this is a period where many in our community will experience heightened needs and MAM is a trusted source for support. Thank you all for your understanding and cooperation as we navigate this rapidly moving landscape and work to create best solutions.
After careful deliberation, we have decided to close MAM facilities to the public effective 6:00 p.m. today, March 16th.
This will create a safer working environment for core staff who will continue to work from the office and allow us to focus our attention on developing the necessary infrastructure to provide services remotely via phone, email or online channels.The closure includes:
- MAM’s Main Office, including Services, Resale Store and Donation Center (1625 Blalock)
- MAM’s West Houston Office (2424 Wilcrest)
- MAM’s Satellite Offices at Workforce Solutions Acres Homes and Westheimer.
MAM will offer the following services remotely:Employment Services, Basic Needs Assistance, Financial Education and Coaching, Mental Health Counseling, Benefits Application Assistance, Case Management, Immigration and Legal Services. We are also currently working to develop the capacity to offer remote ESL and Citizenship classes and to increase our online sales for MAM Resale.We will continue to monitor this unprecedented situation as it evolves and make adjustments or extensions as necessary, balancing the safety and needs of our clients, volunteers, staff, and community.
To Access MAM’s Services By Phone, Please Call:for current and new clients
- (281) 756-7458: General questions (8:30am – 5:00pm)
- (936) 463-8876: Daily orientation (10:00am – 12:00 noon)
- (832) 429-6447: Pathways for Young AdultsWest Campus (Wilcrest)
- (281) 849-4393: General informationEnglish Classes (ESL):
- (713) 468-4516 ext. 140Citizenship Classes:
- (713) 468-4516 ext. 139Financial Education:
- (812) 567-7057Immigration Legal Services:
- (713) 468-4516 ext. 187: Please leave a message and return telephone number
- Friday Consultation Days are cancelled until further notice. Please call for an appointment.Mental Health Counseling:
- (936) 463-8972: Eddie Molina
- (832) 475-3904: Jessica Medina
We are people of faith. We know that whatever is to come, God is with us, providing guidance and care in times of difficulty. We will continue to be prudent, but not fearful, trusting that together we will continue in our calling to love and support our neighbors according to the grace and richness that has been bestowed upon us.