November 8, 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm, HCC Alief Hayes, A319
This seminar is not just for “engineers”. It is about engineering (as a verb – i.e. “developing”) the skills of entrepreneurs of all kinds.
- Turning Ideas into New Products & Services: Idea Creation, Market Assessment, Technology Assessment, Product Development, Protecting Your Intellectual Property, Commercialization Strategies.
- Small Business Administration – Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program awards small businesses grants for up to $100,000 to develop innovative ideas and grants for up to $1.5 million for proof of concept.
- Tips & techniques for effective presentation & communication skills – The experts also focused on relaying key compelling statements. Tell the plan for a great idea in a short amount of time. Round Table Pitch Session – exercises will also forge connections and inspire friendships as each participant practices their idea pitch presentation skills and gets constructive feedback from their peers and the round table facilitators.
- Dr. John Vasselli: Entrepreneur, Dean HCC Engineering Center of Excellence. He possesses over forty years of engineering experience ranging from the Federal research environment, through large corporations, to starting and owning his own engineering businesses. John’s career as a scientist, researcher, product developer, and serial entrepreneur gives him a full-spectrum understanding of how to turn a new idea into a global corporation. Three of the companies that John led grew to over $100M/year in annual sales. He holds several patents, and degrees in electrical, biomedical and systems engineering.
- Tim Jeffcoat, Director, Small Business Administration, Houston District.
- Filip Valica, Owner, The Product Startup, Winner, 2nd Place, 2010 HCC Newspring Business Plan Competition.
- Resource Partners from the Small Business Administration, SCORE, HCC Ctr. for Entrepreneurship, Newspring and HCC West Houston Institute-Makerspace.
Fee: $25.00 online, $35.00 door (Includes Refreshments and Snacks!).
FREE to HCC College Credit Students, Faculty, Staff, Alumni (code: HCCS) and Veterans (code: VETS).